Year 11 - Year 12 Transition 2023
Every year we always set preparation work over the summer for students to do after their GCSE's. This year, this work is published much earlier, so that students can do plenty of reading and preparation, and are then ready to make an excellent start in September.
Click on the Subject Title below to view the transition work for students joining Sixth form in September.
Art, Photography, Media
- 3D Art Year 11 into Year 12
- Fine Art Year 11 into Year 12
- Graphics Year 11 into Year 12
- Media Studies Transition from GCSE to A level
- Photography Year 11 into Year 12
- Year 13 Work and Ideas for Further and Higher Education in Art
The autolist folder SIXTH_FORM/TRANSITION_WORK_FOR_BIOLOGY_ADDITIONAL does not exist or has been moved.
Child Play Learning and Development (CPLD)
Activities for students planning to study Core Maths or other A level courses that include Maths skills but NOT A Level Maths (Optional Activities)
The AMSP have released a set of support activities that can be accessed via this link
You need to "Apply for an account". Please make good use of these resources.
A Level English Preparation
Seneca have put this course together to help current year 11 students prepare for A Level English Language next year. It introduces you to some key A Level topics and consolidate your GCSE knowledge.
- Leaping into English Language by EMC emagazine Resource Pack
- Leaping Into English Language by EMC Moving from GCSE to A Level Language study
- A Level Literature reading list
- Making the Leap emag Resource Pack
- Making the Leap to A Level 24 Activities
Health and Social Care
- Russia Background questions
- Russia Instructions
- Russia Key characters
- Wars of the Roses Activities for A Level prep
Mathematics and Further Mathematics
Compulsory Maths Transition Work
The work above is assessed and used early in the A level course.
Optional Maths Activities
1) The AMSP have released a set of transition activities. They can be found here....
2) The AMSP have produced an on-line Transition course which can be found here....
Scroll down through the "Transition to A Level Mathematics Course" box and click on "register"
3) Pearson have released videos and worksheets for ten key topics, they can be found here.......
Scroll down and choose your "chapter" (chapter 8 is deliberately missing)
4) A Level Prep lessons with Mr Hegarty can be found here...
There are 26 video lessons from Mr Hegarty
5) Extra reading list
Please make good use of these resources
- Year 11 transition work on External lifestyle phsycological factors
- Yr 11 transition work for students studying medical science at sixth form
Hello and well done, we are really glad to have you on the photography course next year in year 12. We know you are a creative and amazing bunch of students and myself and Miss Eynon are really looking forward to seeing the work you create. We want to start with a project based on still life, and objects that have meaning to you.
The link below is to a google drive folder where you will find slides with the information about the tasks etc on.
- Info on Transition Work For RPE Students September 2021
- Religous Studies Anthology GCE2016 AL
- Situation Ethics Powerpoint RPE
- Situation ethics work book RPE