Free School Meals
You are eligible for free school meals if you receive:
- Income Support
- Employment Support Allowance (Income-related)
- Job Seekers Allowance (Income Based – not Contribution Based)
- Child Tax Credit, but are not entitled to Working Tax Credit and your annual income (as assessed by the Inland Revenue) does not exceed £16,190.00
- Support under Part VI of the immigration & Asylum Act 1999
- The ‘Guaranteed Element’ of Pension Credit
How to Apply/Renew
Parents and carers can now apply for free school meals online via the Citizen Portal, using this link.
Your eligibility will be checked online, and the portal will let you know whether your child is eligible for free school meals. If your child is eligible you will receive a confirmation message, and the school will be notified directly. If you are not eligible you will be presented with a message stating this.
Please note, if you have already completed a primary or secondary school place application for the 2017/18 academic year via the portal, you do not need to re-register when applying for free school meals. Please use the login details that you have already set up.
To apply online click here to download the Free School Meals Application Form. If you need help to complete the form, telephone the Children and Young People Information Service on 01454 868008.
CHILDREN AND YOUNG PEOPLE INFORMATION SERVICE,
South Gloucestershire Council
Department for Children, Adults and Health